Pear, Blue Cheese, and Walnut Salad with Maple Syrup Vinaigrette
Sweet juicy pears, salty blue cheese crumbles and crunchy walnuts, served over a bed of peppery arugula and spinach, then drizzled with Maple Syrup Vinaigrette!!
- 2 handfuls spinach/arugula mix or other leafy greens
- 2 pears sliced
- 6 oz. blue cheese
- 1/3 c. chopped walnuts for sprinkling
- Maple Syrup Vinaigrette for drizzling (recipe below)
- VINAIGRETTE :
- 4 T. olive oil
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. plus 1 tsp. Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Dress 4 chilled salad plates with your choice of leafy greens. (I think arugula and spinach work nicely here, it adds a peppery dimension to the sweet and salty flavors.) Add sliced pears, chunks of blue cheese, crunchy walnuts, and a drizzle of Maple Syrup Vinaigrette and there you have it!
- VINAIGRETTE: Place olive oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and salt in a small jar. Cover with a lid, shake to combine. Drizzle over the salad.
- Cook's Note: Make this salad just before serving, as pears go brown very quickly.