Sweet juicy pears topped with a crunchy buttery topping.
- FILLING :
- 8 med. ripe pears peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- TOPPING :
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. cold butter cubed
- fresh mint optional
- Additional pear slices optional
- FILLING: In a large bowl, toss pears with orange juice; place in a buttered 13x 9-inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, allspice and ginger; sprinkle over pears.
- TOPPING: In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pears.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Garnish with mint and additional pears if desired.