Pearl Onion, Carrot and Zucchini Saute
Only 35 calories per 1 cup serving!!
- 1-1/2 c. frozen whole pearl onions thawed
- 1-1/2 c. carrots julienne-cut ( 2-1/2x1/4x1/4 inches)
- 1/3 c. water
- 1-1/2 c. zucchini sliced & halved
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 T. butter optional
- In a medium nonstick skillet, combine onions, carrots and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 4-6 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add zucchini, cover and cook additional 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, lemon pepper and butter, if using.
- Cook's Note: If adding butter, it's 52 calories per 1 cup serving.