Layered white and dark chocolate topped with crushed peppermint candies. A wonderful holiday treat!
Servings: 2 lbs. candy
- 1 lb. good-quality semi-sweet chocolate chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. good-quality white chocolate chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 candy canes or 20-24 round hard peppermint candies, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, shiny-side up; smooth out any wrinkles.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Spread (with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula) into a thin, even layer on the prepared baking sheet. (Note: The chocolate will not spread all the way to the edges.) Place in freezer to harden, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Spread (with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula) on top of the dark chocolate layer. Working quickly before the white chocolate sets, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and gently press into the chocolate. Refrigerate until hard and set, at least 2 hours.
- Bring candy to room temperature; then break or cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container between sheets of foil, waxed or parchment paper.