Pesto Spaghetti with Meatballs
Homemade basil pesto tossed with spaghetti and meatballs, Bon Appetit!
- MEATBALLS :
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic divided and minced
- 1 lg. egg beaten
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 2 T. Fresh chop parsley
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- PESTO SPAGHETTI:
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 heaping c. pesto homemade or store-bought
- 1 c. pasta water
- MEATBALLS: In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, minced garlic, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Using a cookie scoop form into tablespoon-sized meatballs.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs until golden on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a pie plate and loosely cover with foil.
- PESTO SPAGHETTI: Meanwhile, boil pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain spaghetti.
- Add drained pasta to the skillet with pesto, toss to coat. Add enough water to moisten. Gently stir in meatballs; cook until heated through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan shavings.
Recipe link for homemade: Basil Pesto