Pineapple Upside Down Biscuits
My kids like to help make these delicious biscuits with me, but I think they love eating them more!
- 1 (10 oz.) can crushed pineapple drain, reserve juice
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 c. butter room temperature
- 10 maraschino cherries stems removed
- 1 (12 oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10 cups of a muffin tin.
- Strain the can of crushed pineapple, save juice for later.
- Combine the pineapple, sugar, and butter, and mix well.
- Divide the pineapple mixture among the muffin cups. Place a cherry in the center of each muffin cup, making sure cherry hits bottom of cup.
- Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup over sugar and pineapple mixture. Spoon 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool for 2 minutes. Invert the pan onto foil or a plate to release the biscuits. Serve warm.