Portobello Mushroom Burger
Grilled Portobello mushrooms, peppery arugula and roasted red peppers, served on a toasted bun dressed with our homemade Basil Pesto!
Servings: 4 burgers
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps wiped clean
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. prepared pesto (we used our homemade Basil Pesto Recipe)
- 2 tsp. coarse-grained mustard
- 4 hamburger buns split, buttered, and toasted
- 1 c. baby arugula packed
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red peppers drained
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Brush mushrooms caps with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill mushrooms, smooth side down, close the grill lid and grill for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Toast the buns.
- Spread the pesto mayo mixture evenly over both sides of the toasted buns. Divide arugula evenly over bottom halves of buns. Top with peppers. Place mushrooms caps over peppers. Cover with the top buns.