This homemade pumpkin butter is literally Fall in a jar! A wonderful treat on toast, oatmeal, pancakes, and so much more! The best part, it's ready in just 15 minutes!
Servings: 4 half pints
- 1 (29 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar packed
- 1 c. apple cider
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. lemon juice fresh squeezed
- In a large glass heatproof and microwavable safe bowl, combine all ingredients, except lemon juice. Cover with a loose covering that is microwavable safe such as a sheet of wax paper or paper towel.
- Microwave on HIGH power for 6 minutes; stir. Cook an additional 6 minutes; stir. Cook for an additional 3 minutes; stir.
- Carefully remove the hot bowl from microwave using oven mitts for protection. Carefully remove loose cover and stir in lemon juice.
- Cool completely. Transfer to sterile containers and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cook's Note: Pumpkin butter will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or frozen in an airtight container for 6-12 months Canning is not recommended for pumpkin butter due to the low acid content. I found these cute labels here: Pumpkin Butter