Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
Treat your family and friends to layered gingerbread trifle, with pumpkin pie filling, creamy whipped topping and gingersnap cookies!
- 2 (14 oz.) pkg. gingerbread mix prepared
- 1 (5.1 oz.) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix prepared
- 1 (30 oz.) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 oz.) cont. frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 c. gingersnaps crushed for garnish
- Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding according to package directions; set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding.
- Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large trifle bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.
- Cook's Note: Cut the recipe in half to make 8 (1/2 pint each) individual trifles.