Pumpkin Spice Bread
Fill your home with the warm scent of pumpkin spice as this incredibly moist and delicious bread bakes.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 c. brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 lg. eggs beaten
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. raisins optional
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, pumpkin, oil and eggs, beat well.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt and spices. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with water to pumpkin mixture, blend well. Stir in raisins and nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool, slice, and serve.