Ramen Noodle Salad
Ramen noodles, broccoli, celery, red onion and sliced almonds, tossed with sweet and sour vinaigrette will have your guests coming back for seconds and thirds!
- 6 pkg. chicken ramen noodles
- 8 c. boiling water
- 3 c. fresh broccoli
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 sm. red onion chopped
- VINAIGRETTE :
- 3/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 chicken flavor packets
- 2/3 c. sliced almonds
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, add the six packages of ramen noodles breaking each block of noodles in half before adding it to the dish; set the flavor packets aside.
- Top the noodles with 8 cups of boiling water. As the noodles soak, stir them occasionally to ensure they are evenly cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the broccoli into 1-inch pieces. Chop the celery and red onion; place into a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- VINAIGRETTE: To a pint jar, add the apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, black pepper, and 4 of the chicken flavor packets from the noodles. Place a lid on the jar and shake until the sugar has dissolved; set aside.
- The noodles should be ready. Strain off the water and rinse the noodles with cold water. Shake off the excess water.
- Add the noodles and almonds, to the bowl with the veggies. Pour the dressing over the top. Using your hands or a large spoon, toss everything together until it’s evenly coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.