Raspberry Mandarin Orange Salad with Candied Walnuts
- 1/2 c. walnut halves
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 (10 oz.) bag mixed greens or baby spinach
- 2 (11 oz.) can Mandarin orange segments drained
- 4 oz. gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbled
- Light raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Place walnuts and sugar in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves into a light brown liquid and coats the walnuts.
- Remove walnuts from skillet, and spread them out on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
- Place greens, mandarin oranges and crumbled cheese in a large bowl, toss gently. Add candied walnuts and toss again.
- Place salad on individual serving plates, drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette dressing and garnish with fresh raspberries.