Raspberry Pinwheel Cookies
A festive raspberry filled shortbread cookie, perfect for the holidays!
Servings: 24 -27 cookies
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter softened
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 c. seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until; well blended. Combine flour and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a rectangle. wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- On a surface dusted with confectioners' sugar, roll out 1 dough piece into a 15-inch square. Trim and cut into 3-inch squares. Slice squares from each corner. Fold half of each corner towards center to form a pinwheel. Place on prepare cookie sheets. Repeat with the other half of dough.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon 1/4 teaspoon of jam into each cookie center. Bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note: If you love cinnamon sugar and nuts, use instead of jam. Just spoon onto cookie centers before forming the pinwheel. (Make sure the nuts are finely chopped)