Raspberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Serve with a lovely cup of coffee or a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries thawed
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lg. egg plus 1 yolk
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 5 T. butter melted
- 1 1/2 extract vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. almonds
- ICING :
- 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine raspberries and brown sugar; set aside.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; batter will be dense.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Use an off-set spatula to spread the batter around evenly.
- Top with raspberry mixture. Spoon the remaining batter over raspberries. You don't have to completely cover the raspberries. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen it from the side.
- ICING: In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla extract; drizzle over the coffee cake; slice and serve.