Ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Light and creamy roasted red pepper sauce served over your choice of beef or cheese-filled ravioli. Simple yet satisfying!
- 3 lg. red bell peppers roasted
- 1 25 oz. pkg. frozen beef or cheese-filled ravioli
- 3 T. olive oil divided
- 1 med. yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Roast peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet until charred about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover peppers with foil for 10 minutes allowing them to steam. Peel charred skin remove seeds and stems; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent sticking together; set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet over medium heat sauté onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until soft and translucent about 4-5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Transfer sautéed onions and garlic to a blender with roasted red peppers, heavy cream, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes. Blend until creamy and smooth. Taste the sauce, adjust seasonings adding more salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes as needed.
- Return the sauce to the skillet over medium heat. Once the sauce reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and add ravioli; toss to coat.
- Serve in pasta bowls with generous amounts of parmesan, red pepper flakes, and fresh chopped parsley or basil.