Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
These gorgeous red velvet cinnamon rolls are the sweetest way to say “I love you!” ❤️
Servings: 12 rolls
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. red velvet cake mix
- 3 c. all-purpose flour divided
- 1 (1/4 oz.) pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 c. warm water (110-115 degrees)
- CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 c. butter room temperature
- 2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, whisk together cake mix, 1 cup flour, and yeast. Add warm water; beat on medium-low speed for 2 minutes scraping down the sides as needed. Add in the remaining 2 cups flour to form a soft dough. Beat for 3 minutes more.
- Place dough in a large buttered bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Butter a 13×9-inch glass baking dish. Line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll dough into an 18×10-inch rectangle.
- Brush with melted butter to within 1/4 inch of the edges; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side, pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into twelve 1 ½-inch slices. Place cut sides up in the prepared baking dish. Cover with a kitchen tea towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake until puffed and light brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool slightly.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until well combined. Add confectioner’s sugar and vanilla beat until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over warm rolls and devour!