Just like Grandma used to make!
- 3/4 c. uncooked white rice
- 2 c. milk divided
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lg. egg beaten
- 2/3 c. raisins
- 1 T. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thick and creamy, about 15 minutes.
- Quickly stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream.