Roasted Beet Hummus
Our hummus gets its beautiful color and earthy flavor from roasted beets. Serve this gorgeous dip with veggies and warm pita bread.
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 med. beets trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c. tahini paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- Warm Pita bread for serving
- Assorted veggies for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the leaves off the beets leaving a bit of the stem; clean and scrub well. Wrap each beet individually in foil and roast on a baking sheet in the oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the beets have cooled, run them under cold water and slip off the skins. Give the beets rough chop.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor, except for the oil; puree for 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape the sides and continue processing for an additional 30 seconds. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while the food processor is running, adding more as needed, until smooth.
- Serve hummus in a bowl with veggies and warm pita bread for dipping, Enjoy!