Sally's Strawberry Freezer Jam
Recipe by Sally Berg ~ As kids, Debbie (Sally's daughter) and I would sneak into the freezer and eat this jam by the spoonful, It's so GOOD!!
Servings: 8 half pints or 4 pints
- 4 c. (about 4 lbs.) crushed berries
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 box MCP pectin
- 1 c. Karo corn syrup
- 4 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- Crush berries with a masher or a food processor (pulse if using a food processor) leaving chunks of fruit.
- Measure crushed fruit into a large bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Gradually stir in pectin, mix thoroughly and set aside for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to dissolve pectin.
- Stir in corn syrup (this prevents sugar crystallization during freezer storage). Gradually add sugar, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into clean plastic or glass containers with lids leaving ½ inch space at the top for expansion. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 24 hrs.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or store in the freezer for up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.