Salted Caramel Popcorn
Delicious sweet & salty caramel corn, with or without nuts!
Servings: 16 cups
- 1/2 c. un-popped popcorn kernels (about 16 cups popped corn)
- 1 c. salted butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. fine sea salt or kosher salt divided
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Pop popcorn kernels using air popper into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour popcorn onto lined pans, sprinkle remaining salt on top (1/2 tsp - 1 tsp depending on your personal taste preference) and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow popcorn to cool on a parchment lined counter.
- Cook's Notes: You can add in 2 cups of nuts to the un-coated popcorn if desired! Coat with caramel as stated!