Savory Corn Pudding
Perfect with steak, pork and poultry. A definite crowd pleaser. A must for any holiday table!
- 8 ears corn
- 3 slices bacon cooked until crisp
- 1 med. yellow onion diced
- 1/2 whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. torn fresh basil leaves
- Grate 8 ears corn into a medium bowl. In a large heavy pot, cook bacon over medium-high until crisp. With tongs, transfer to paper towels to drain. Add onion to the pot and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add corn and accumulated juices to the pot, cook 5 minutes. slowly stir in whole milk, cook until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Crumble bacon over corn mixture and top with torn basil leaves.