Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Salmon with Parmesan Asparagus
Perfectly roasted lemon pepper salmon with fresh asparagus and parmesan cheese.
- 1 1/2 lbs. side salmon fillet deboned, skin on
- 2 1/2 T. olive oil divided
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt plus more for asparagus
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. fresh asparagus thin spears, trimmed
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed 17 x 12-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon in the center of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, Dijon mustard, onion powder, and a 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Brush mixture evenly over the top of the salmon. Top with lemon slices.
- In an oblong dish, toss together asparagus with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining 2 cloves minced garlic; season with salt to taste then place around the salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, toss asparagus then sprinkle asparagus with parmesan. Return to the oven and bake until salmon has cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes longer. Cut salmon into portions. Serve immediately with asparagus.