Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Fall Veggies
A complete meal baked on a single sheet pan! I am obsessed with this method. Simple to make and easy to clean up!
- 4-5 bone-in skin on chicken thighs or boneless skinless thighs
- 4 T. olive oil divided
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T. finely chop fresh thyme
- 1 T. finely chop fresh sage
- 1 T. finely chop fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lg. sweet potato peeled & chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 2 lg. apples cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 red onion chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a one gallon size re-sealable bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the bag, seal and massage mixture all over chicken. Set aside, turning occasionally while preparing veggies.
- Place sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apples and red onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer, then place chicken over the veggie/fruit mixture. Discard marinade. Scatter bacon pieces evenly over veggie/fruit mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (chicken should register 165 degrees in the center). Broil during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired. Serve immediately.