Shrimp sautéed with white wine, lemon, butter and garlic, served over spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta.
- 1 lb. med. shrimp peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 c. white wine
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice only
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c. butter room temperature
- 1 T. chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta for serving
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, about 2-4 minutes, reduce heat to medium. Remove shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. (Do not allow garlic to brown, it will taste bitter.) Add white wine, and lemon juice. Cook until wine is reduced by half. After it has reduced, add Italian seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low, and add butter. (If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.) Add shrimp back to the pan with sauce. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve immediately over spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta.