Shrimp with Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
Cajun shrimp, grilled corn, fresh tomato and avocado salad with cilantro lime dressing. Summer on a plate, enjoy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 English cucumber cut in half lengthwise & sliced
- 1/2 med. red onion thinly sliced
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 c. grilled corn kernels from 2 cobs
- CILANTRO LIME DRESSING:
- 3 T. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lg. lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- CAJUN SHRIMP:
- 1 lb. (21-30 ct) raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. Cajun spice or Old Bay
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- Prep veggies and make salad dressing before cooking shrimp.
- SALAD: Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce. Line the bottom of a large salad platter/bowl with 5 to 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce. Grill corn on the cob; cool before cutting kernels of the cob. Arrange remaining salad ingredients in rows on top of romaine, leaving a spot or the Cajun shrimp. Place salad in the refrigerator to keep cold.
- CILANTRO LIME DRESSING: Pour all of the ingredients into a small jar with a lid, cover and shake until the sugar is dissolved and everything is well combined; set aside.
- CAJUN SHRIMP: Place shrimp in a medium bowl, sprinkle with Cajun spice or Old Bay, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt; gently toss to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Once butter starts to sizzle, add shrimp in a single layer and sauté about 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and sauté for another minute or two just until cooked through. (Don't overcook shrimp) Remove to a plate to cool. Arrange shrimp on top of salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve.