Skinny Mashed Potatoes
Sweet potatoes or yams may be substituted for the potatoes.
- 5 lg. russet potatoes peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 dash pepper
- Place potatoes and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Over high heat, heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth.
- Mash potatoes with 1-1/4 cups broth and pepper. If needed, add additional broth until potatoes are desired consistency.
- Cook's Note: Substitute 4 large sweet potatoes or yams for potatoes. Add 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar with pepper.