"Southern style hot dogs covered in coleslaw."
- 1 sm. head cabbage about 2 pounds, shredded
- 2 carrots finely grated
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 2-4 T. horseradish (preferably not cream-style)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 Jumbo hot dogs
- 8-10 hot dog buns
- Coleslaw: In a large bowl, toss together cabbage and carrots. In another bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, horseradish, salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture, stir to combine. Chill for 1 hour prior to serving and taste for seasoning, add additional salt, pepper or horseradish as needed.
- Hot dogs: Grill jumbo hot dogs over medium-heat until they get a light char. Butter the hot dog buns and grill no more than a minute or two, as they will burn fast. Serve grilled hot dogs on toasted buns, covered with coleslaw.
- Cook's Note: Also try adding chili over the hot dog, then top with coleslaw.