Slow Cooker Apple Cider Ham
Tender, juicy, ham that literally melts in your mouth. Simply fix it and forget it!
- 1 1/4 c. apple cider fresh-pressed
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. Dijon mustard smooth or grainy
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 orange
- 1 (6-7 lb.) bone-in smoked ham
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour apple cider into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, ginger and pepper. Zest the orange into the bowl and mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Rub the marinade onto one side of the ham and place it marinade-side-down into the slow cooker. Spoon the rest of the marinade all over the rest of the ham.
- Peel the orange and coarsely chop, discarding any seeds. Add the orange around the sides of the ham and tuck the cinnamon stick inside too.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- To serve, transfer the ham to a platter. Cover to keep warm. Strain liquid from the slow cooker into a gravy pitcher and serve with the ham.