Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
So many depths of flavor, you won't be disappointed! Serve with our "Skillet Cornbread" or crackers.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed into 1/2 inch pcs
- 3 T. good quality chili powder (I use Spice Islands) plus 1 to 2 tsp.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans drained and rinsed
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 med. sweet potato peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce with seeds chopped
- 1/4 c. instant tapioca recommended: Minute tapioca
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1/2 T. kosher salt
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or 1/2 tsp. fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. lager style beer optional
- TOPPINGS :
- sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese or jack cheese
- Chopped scallions
- Chopped pickled jalapenos
- Place the chicken cubes in the slow cooker. Add 3 tablespoons of the chili powder, stir to combine. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the beer and toppings.
- Stir everything together, cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the remaining 1 to 2 teaspoons of chili powder and beer, if using, season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide the chili among warm bowls. Serve with your choice of toppings.