Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Serve our soup topped with crushed tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and fresh chopped cilantro.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 c. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 oz.) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid oz.) bottle beer or 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 sm. yellow onion chopped
- 1 (1.25 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning (2 Tablespoons)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Crushed tortilla chips for serving
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese for serving
- sour cream for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for serving
- Place chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer or broth, diced tomatoes and onions in a 6 quart slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to combine. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until covered by the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- A half an hour before serving, remove the chicken and shred. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Serve soup topped with crushed tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and fresh chopped cilantro.