Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
Warm up with a bowl of our homemade soup, loaded with shredded chicken, cheese filled tortellini and veggies.
- 3 med. carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 med. onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 (20 oz.) pkg. cheese tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1 lg. handful baby spinach optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrots, celery, onion and garlic into the slow cooker. Lay chicken breast on top of the veggies. Add bay leaf and Italian seasoning. Pour chicken broth and water over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and discard. Remove cooked chicken, shred or cube into bite-size pieces and return to the slow cooker.
- Add tortellini, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tortellini is heated through.
- Stir in baby spinach if using. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.