Slow Cooker Ham and Beans Soup
A great way to use up leftover ham. There’s no need to pre-soak the beans, simply throw everything into the slow cooker and forget it!
- 1 (20 oz.) pkg. Hurst’s HamBeens 15 Bean Soup
- 8 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 leftover ham bone with meat or 2 cups diced ham
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon juiced
- crushed red pepper flakes for serving, optional
- hot sauce for serving, optional
- Rinse beans and drain. Sort any unwanted debris and set seasoning packet aside.
- Place beans, broth, ham bone or diced ham, onions, garlic and chili powder in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours OR LOW for 7-8 until beans are tender.
- Once tender, remove the hambone (if used) and chop any meat left on the bone and add it back to the pot. Stir in diced tomatoes, Ham Flavor packet, and lemon juice.
- Cook for additional 10-15 minutes. Serve in bowls with homemade cornbread.