Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
Serve Korean Beef over a bowl of sticky rice, wrapped in corn tortillas or lettuce leaves, and add your favorite taco toppings!
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless beef chuck roast trimmed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 med. yellow onion diced
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/3 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 T. garlic chili paste (from the Asian isle)
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger root peeled and grated
- 2 T. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 12-16 (6-inch) Corn tortillas or lettuce leaves
- Sticky rice for serving
- Your favorite taco toppings
- Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast into the slow cooker; add onions and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, chili paste, ginger root, rice vinegar, and sesame oil until combined. Pour over roast and veggies.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours. Shred meat with two forks and gently stir back into the cooking liquid.
- Serve Korean Beef over a bowl of sticky rice, wrapped in corn tortillas or lettuce leaves, and add your favorite toppings: Thinly sliced carrots and cucumber, chopped cilantro and green onions, or coleslaw mix tossed with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste. Pass the chili paste around the table for more added heat if desired, Enjoy!