Slow Cooker Lasagna
Lasagna that tastes like you spent all day making it without all of the work!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Hunts diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) can Hunts tomato paste
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano plus more for sprinkling
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese plus more for sprinkling
- 1 (12 oz.) cont. cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. lasagna noodles uncooked
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion and garlic; drain off excess grease.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, salt, and oregano; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses.
- Layer ingredients in a slow cooker starting with the meat sauce, uncooked noodles broken to fit in slow cooker and cheeses.
- Repeat twice; finish with meat sauce. Sprinkle the top with a little mozzarella cheese and oregano.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.