Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken with Green Olives
Mediterranean braised chicken and green olives simmered in a creamy lemon broth.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- kosher salt or sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 T. olive oil divided
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3/4 c. green olives
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Season chicken thighs evenly with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of the chicken. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat with remaining chicken. Transfer to the slow cooker, and add lemon slices and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, flour and cumin, until well combined. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours. Serve over pasta or rice.