Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken
Slow cooked Tex-Mex chicken with black beans, tomatoes and corn, served over a bed of rice, in a tortilla or lettuce wrap. Top with reduced-fat cheddar cheese, fat-free sour cream, cilantro and scallions. All the delicious flavors of the Southwest without the calories!
- 1 (14.4 oz.) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. frozen corn
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast (about 3 breasts)
- salt for sprinkling chicken
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions chopped
- hot cooked rice for serving
- Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese for serving
- fat-free sour cream for serving
- Combine chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, corn, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne pepper in the slow cooker.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top of veggies.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- A half an hour before serving, cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to the slow cooker. Stir in cilantro and scallions.
- Serve chicken over hot cooked rice topped with shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese, and fat free sour cream.