Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Add a little color to the dinner table with our beautiful fix-it-and-forget-it stuffed bell peppers!
- 6-7 bell peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice or white rice
- 1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 c. corn kernels frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 (10 oz.) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes drained
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. sour cream divided
- Lightly spray the inside of a 6-qt slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Cut the tops off the pepper and removed seeds and ribs from inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine raw ground beef, cooked rice, 1 cup cheese, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity.
- Place peppers into the slow cooker. Pour 1/4 cup water around the peppers. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours, or until the peppers are tender and the beef is cooked through.
- Uncover and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sour cream, if desired.