Smoked Sausage Onions and Peppers
Here's a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy. Smoked sausage, onions, and peppers served over toasted hoagie rolls, Yum!
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. smoked sausage (Kielbasa any flavor) cut into ½ inch rounds
- 1 sm. yellow onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded & sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded & sliced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Hoagie rolls for serving
- Butter for rolls
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add smoked sausage, sautéed until the sausage begins to brown about 2-3 minutes on each side. Add veggies, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Continue sautéing until veggies begin to soften about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Slice hoagie rolls lengthwise, but not all the way through. Open and butter the rolls. Place on the prepared baking sheet and toast them under the broiler, watching them very carefully, so they don't burn.
- Serve sausage, peppers, and onions over toasted hoagie rolls and devour!