These s’mores cupcakes are amazing! Chocolate cupcakes, graham cracker crust, Nutella filling and toasted marshmallow frosting! The perfect summertime treat year round!
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 6 T. butter melted
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. strong coffee warm
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- FILLING :
- Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- MARSHMALLOW FROSTING:
- 8 lg. egg whites
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 graham crackers broken into 24 pieces
- 2 (1.55 oz.) Hershey milk chocolate bars broken into 24 pieces
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST: Line 2 muffin tins with 24 standard cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter, stir until well combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cupcake liner. Smash the crumbs down using the bottom of a small cup or shot glass; set aside.
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat all ingredients until just combined. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before filling with Nutella.
- FILLING: Core a hole in the center of each cupcake fill with about 1 tablespoon of Nutella. Place the cake plug back over the filling.
- MARSHMALLOW FROSTING: Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of a stand mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the bowl to the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form about 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, beat until combined, use immediately.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip with marshmallow frosting. Pipe each cupcake with frosting and then lightly toast with a kitchen torch. Top with a graham cracker piece and a mini Hershey’s milk chocolate bar.