Smothered Pork Chops with Onion Gravy
- 5 center cut pork chops
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 sm. onion julienne
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- Place flour in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add pork chops two at a time, shake to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pork chops until brown on both sides. Remove chops to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Add onions to the skillet, season with garlic and pepper, reduce heat to medium and sauté until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soup and milk. Add soup mixture to the skillet, stirring to scrape up the bits left from the pork chops. Bring to a gentle boil, increasing heat slightly if necessary. You can adjust the amount of milk depending on how thick you want the gravy to be.
- When soup mixture is bubbling, return chops to skillet. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until chops are cooked through. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.