Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
Tastes like your favorite cinnamon-sugar cookie, only better, it's topped with cinnamon buttercream frosting!
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 4 lg. eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 2 T. granulated sugar for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon for dusting
- CINNAMON BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- 3 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar sifted
- 3-4 T. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two standard cupcake pans with 24 liners.
- CUPCAKES: In a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat after each egg addition, then add the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture in 3 increments, alternate with 2 additions of the milk. Blend well, do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly among cupcake tins, fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, rotate the cupcake pans halfway through the baking process. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it's done. Remove cupcakes from the oven onto a wire rack, let cool for 10 minutes before removing cupcakes from the pan. Mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon together and sprinkle over the tops of the cupcakes. Cool completely before frosting.
- CINNAMON BUTTER CREAM FROSTING: In a large bowl, beat butter on low speed until light and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Increase speed and beat until smooth and creamy, if the frosting is too stiff, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk. Frost or pipe cupcakes.
Cook's Note: I made these cute mini snickerdoodle cookies using our Snickerdoodles recipe. Simply scoop by the 1/2 teaspoonful and cook for 7-8 minutes @400 degrees.