Serve with a fresh green salad and a bottle of Cabernet!
- 12 oz. thin spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 sm. yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened, cut into cubes
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Spray a 10-inch Spring-form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef or turkey. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until beef or turkey is browned. Drain grease.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and oregano to the meat mixture. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer while you prepare the pasta.
- When spaghetti noodles are done cooking, drain and return to the pot. Add the cream cheese to hot noodles, and toss until cream cheese is almost melted. Stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese to noodles. Stir in 2 cups of the meat sauce into the noodles.
- Pour mixture into the Spring-form pan. Press noodles evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup Mozzarella over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Top each slice with meat sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!