Spaghetti with Homemade Chunky Meat Sauce
The way my mom used to make!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 1 med. green bell pepper chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes un-drained
- 2 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large saucepan or skillet, brown meat, onion, green pepper and celery, drain off excess grease, return to pot. Add mushrooms, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- In a large pot, bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil, add salt if desired. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti or pasta. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.