Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade
Cool, refreshing, blueberry lemonade with club soda, fresh blueberries, lemon, and mint!
- BLUEBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- SPARKLING LEMONADE:
- 1 (12 oz.) can lemonade concentrate thawed
- 2 c. cold water
- 1 liter club soda chilled
- Ice for serving
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- BLUEBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP: Add granulated sugar and 1 cup water to small saucepan, over medium heat. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in fresh blueberries, boil for 5 minutes, until blueberries start to break down.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- LEMONADE: Pour thawed lemonade concentrate and 2 cups cold water into a large pitcher. Slowly pour in chilled club soda. (Be careful, it will fizz up a lot.) Stir to combine, place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- SINGLE SERVING: Pour 2-3 tablespoons of blueberry simple syrup in the bottom of glass, top with ice, pour in lemonade. Garnish with fresh blueberries, lemon slices, and mint sprigs.
If serving a group, you may want to pour the blueberry syrup directly into the pitcher of lemonade, instead of individual glasses. This would also be very pretty in a punch bowl.