Glazed sweet and spicy mixed nuts!
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 c. unsalted mixed nuts available in bulk
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. water
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet and cook, stirring until a glaze forms, about 1 minute. Return nuts to skillet and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until nuts are glazed and golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to foil lined baking sheet. Let rest until cooled and hardened, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container.
- Variation: Add 1 cup dried cranberries when returning nuts to skillet and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.