"A delicious quick bread full of fresh strawberries, walnuts and a hint of cinnamon."
Servings: 2 loaves
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 lg. eggs lightly beaten
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. fresh or frozen sliced sweetened strawberries thawed
- 1 c. pecans or walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add eggs and oil, stir together until well blended. Fold in strawberries and nuts.
- Pour half of the batter into each loaf pan. Bake for about 60-70 min. or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 or 15 minutes.