A sweet and savory experience for your taste buds! Perfect as an appetizer or after dinner dessert.
- 1 French baguette sliced diagonally, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 c. diced strawberries about 10 large strawberries
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 4 oz. goat cheese room temperature
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the tablespoon of sugar and strawberries in a small bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, or until strawberries have slightly softened.
- Spread the goat cheese evenly over the slices of bread, followed by spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top each bruschetta with basil. Season with freshly ground black pepper.