We blend fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup into a smooth, velvety, frozen dessert!
- 6 c. fresh strawberries frozen OR 2 (12 oz.) bags frozen strawberries
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. cold water
- T. fresh lemon juice
- Clean and remove stems from strawberries. Freeze fruit in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, simmer sugar and water, until the sugar dissolves; allow simple syrup to cool.
- Pulse frozen strawberries and lemon juice in a food processor until coarsely chopped. With machine running, pour in the cooled simple syrup; Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container, and freeze until firm OR pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. The sorbet will be somewhat soft after churning, but will firm up after freezing.
- Scoop sorbet into glasses and enjoy!