Strawberry Soup with Pound Cake Croutons
This chilled soup is a Northwest favorite, served late June through early August, when the strawberries are at their peak.
- 4 c. fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 banana cut into 4 pieces
- 1 c. orange or pineapple juice
- 1 c. light sour cream
- 1 T. raspberry liquor or raspberry syrup
- 2 ice cubes
- 6 Mint sprigs
- 1 pound cake for croutons
- In a food processor or blender, pulse strawberries, banana, orange juice, sour cream, and raspberry liquor until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and stir to chill the liquid, removing the ice cubes before they melt completely. Do not pulse the ice cubes.
- To serve, divide into small chilled soup bowls.
- Garnish with fresh mint, strawberries or pound cake croutons (recipe below). Serve immediately.
- Pound Cake Croutons: Preheat oven to broil. Cut pound cake into 1/2-inch cubes until you have about 1 ½ to 2 cups. Toast cubes, turning once to brown on two sides. Float on top of soup.