Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers
This Halloween treat your family to these delightful Jack-O-Lantern peppers stuffed with my Mama's Spanish Rice!
- 6 orange bell peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 T. chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c. uncooked White rice
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. chunky salsa
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and pat dry the bell peppers. Cut jack-o'-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in rice, chicken broth, and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Stuff the peppers with Spanish rice, top with lids, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Cover with foil and bake until the peppers are tender and the Spanish rice is heated through, about 50-60 minutes.